Newborn Baby Boy Clothes/Sizing

Hello! May I know how many newborn/3M/6M clothes did you mummies prepare for your newborn baby?? Is it okay to wear bodysuit to sleep at night (without shorts/pants)? Or must it be long pajamas with covered toes? I know that babies outgrow their clothes v fast, but I’m wondering just how much is enough if we don’t do laundry everyday, but once every 2 days? Thank you!!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually i will suggest to just buy 3months first. The rest like 6m onwards, you monitor your baby and fill up. Why because, for example: my baby doesn’t have vomiting issue so I dont have to keep changing clothes. But my baby grew from 10th percentile to 90percentile in a short period of time and thus many clothes that we thought he could wear, only managed to wear once and can put in storeroom already. Or that we forgot we have those clothes for him since we bought so long ago. Haha Next, my baby has a habit of rubbing his feet until the socks will come off. So I can only get pyjamas that are fully covered for his toes. So to your first question, dont get too many. Maybe 10 day time and 5 night time clothes will be good, the rest you slowly fill up after you monitor and observe your baby. Then you must let them wear fully covered pyjamas. Cannot short sleeves and short pants. Cause they are still too small, better to be warm than cold.

Read more
TapFluencer

6 to 8 is sufficient if you wash once every 2 days. the changing frequency is only hectic during the first mth due to poo, pee, milk spill and perspiring if not in air con. 2nd mths onward will get better and better. i only change 1 set per days during bath since mth 2 onward for my baby girl. unless she wet her clothes due to milk spill or warm weather where i will change a fresh new set before bedtime for her comfort.

Read more

I don’t even do laundry every few days. I do it almost weekly instead. So I have a bigger stash of hand-me-downs or new clothes. Yes, babies outgrow their clothes super fast so don’t need to buy many newborn clothes, instead have more 3-6 months and 6 months onwards get those onesies without footies and wear socks to sleep.

Read more
2y ago

if your room is aircon then yes. otherwise shld be ok. just wear socks and mittens for them if you want to let them wear onesie

VIP Member

I got all 1-3m and 3mths clothes for my newborn, as I factored in space for his diapers. Felt its OK for baby to wear oversized clothes that lasts longer as long as I swaddle him at night 😊 up to the individuals preference! They really outgrow newborn sizes very fast

TapFluencer

•laundry 2-3 times weekly •aircond room, wear sleepsuits at night •day time mostly romper, no pant •sock and mitten on 1st month only •7pcs 1-3 months old, 7pcs 3-6months (at least a week)

Read more

hi mummy! i started with 12 pcs each of 3m and 6m clothes. my boy sweats a lot and prefers sleeping in his rompers with socks. i do laundry every 3-4 days

2y ago

cos you need a few extras in case of spit ups and diaper blowouts