Newborn clothes

This is my first pregnancy, still abit lost as to how many pieces of clothes newborns need. ive googled that they dont need much as theyll grow fast, however im still not sure as to roughly how many pieces i need to buy (assuming i wont have any hand-me-down clothes) - short sleeve onesie - long sleeve onesie - zipper sleepsuit - muslim cloth/swaddle Is it advisable to get top and pants or just stick to onesies for newborn? And do mummies also buy 3-6M clothes at the same time or at a later stage? #advicepls #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you will probably be needing more onesies as it's easier - change diaper and easier to carry them in onesies. tees & pants tends to get sloppy and always need to adjust every aft carries. i always bathe my newborn in the morning and late afternoon will be wiping down time. so always having 2 clothes per day. they change alot - sometimes 3 onesies (blowouts, spit-ups, vomits). so just standby alot of it. maybe 10-15 pieces? swaddles i have about 6 pieces & towels also the same amount. don't forget small handkerchief too!

Read more

Hi, I would recommend to get around 7 pieces of short sleeve onesies for newborn size as it is hot here. Buy atleast 6 swaddles too as they are very much used to put baby to sleep and to comfort them. You can also buy one or two long sleeved onesie but not many as the weather here is not favourable I also bought few 3 to 6 months onesies as well because babies grow very fast. No shirt and pants for newborns as they are too small and need comfortable clothes

Read more

6-7 pieces of short sleeves onsies and long sleeves sleepsuits with foldable mittens and booties. As for swaddles, can standby a few to see if your baby likes to be swaddled. Mine doesn’t like it and all the swaddles are now kept 🫠 76x76 size muslin cloths are also good as bathing towels.

Read more