Breastfeeding

I hv a quest. My baby is 7 mo now. I latch her motn every 3 - 4 hours. Is it sufficient to maintain supply ? Or do i still need to pump motn? Cos my baby is at a teething stage.. sometimes idk if shes drinking alot or not. cos sometimes at work my amount drop by 20ml... sometimes its the same amount and didnt drop.. Hard to pump motn as i find my lo very clingy now. Cant put her in cot n she js want to sleep on my bed.. beside me. Will cry when i move away.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It’s always difficult to move baby away from you. But by this age, she can actually be sleep trained:) to fall asleep in the cot itself, and remain there throughout the night. There are multiple methods you can try for sleep training (quite a lot of info on the internet), and if she’s sleeping through the night, there’s no need to feed her. If you also don’t have engorgement and pain, there’s no need to pump in the motn. At her age, she’ll need about 100ml/kg/day, and she can also derive fluids from the diet she takes. So don’t stress yourself too much:) As for night feeds, if you’re sleep training, don’t feed her in bed. Take her some place else (sofa or something), then place her back in the cot after. Initially there will be challenges, but she will learn how to self soothe and you can also employ other methods to help her fall asleep. Depending on the method you choose and your baby’s personality, it may take weeks to months to completely sleep train.. most importantly, you must persevere and not give up. Once everyone in the family sleeps through the night, you’ll see a world of difference in everyone’s quality of life:)

Read more

Can slowly wean off alr