I heard there are some essential oils that aren’t safe for use when pregnant. Would anyone know what those are?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The use of essential oil during pregnancy appears to be a controversial topic. To play safe, it is probably best to avoid using them during the first trimester. Though there are currently no studies done to find a direct link between using essential oil and the harmful effect on babies, there are some suggestions that said essential oil constituents is able to crossing over into the placenta. I am not a regular user of essential oil, so it is really a non-issue for me. I’ve found this website listing the essential oils that appear to be safe and those that are not for use during pregnancy. Hope this helps! https://www.naha.org/explore-aromatherapy/safety/#pregnancy Those safe for use include: cardamon, German and Roman chamomile, frankincense, geranium, ginger, neroli, patchouli, petitgrain, rosewood, rose, sandalwood, and other nontoxic essential oils And those not safe: Aniseed, Basil ct. estragole, Birch, Camphor, Hyssop, Mugwort, Parsley seed or leaf, Pennyroyal, Sage, Tansy, Tarragon, Thuja, Wintergreen, Wormwood

Read more

Please avoid using essential oils during pregnancy as what you applied on your skin will go into your bloodstream and transfer to your unborn child. For me, I also careful in selecting lotion, facial products, shower gel that has no harmful chemicals to my unborn baby, as what I am applying will go into my bloodstream.

Read more

Actually what i do is when i purchase I'll ask the sales person. i get mine from young living, lemon grass house or Mt sapola.

thanks