No urge to pee after giving birth

I have no urge to pee after giving birth (vagina delivery). I only pee when I need to change the sanitary pads. Not too sure whether it is due to the stitches down there. Is it normal? :/

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, that’s normal, peeing for a few days after birth can get really uncomfortable. I too didn’t experience any urgent need to pee. Doctors say that the first pee after delivery is crucial. A nurse was there with me to check how much urine I passed. The doctor later inserted a catheter to make sure that my bladder was properly drained. If you feel pain while peeing even a few days after delivery or if you feel a strong urge to pee but can only pee in small amounts or if you have a fever, contact your doctor immediately - it could be a urinary tract infection.

Read more

Oh yes, it’s perfectly normal. It might be really difficult to pee for a while after delivery, and you might not even be able to sense if your bladder is full. This is because of all the wear and tear that happened during delivery, which probably traumatised your bladder. It’s important though, to pee within six to eight hours of delivery to prevent urinary tract infections. Also make a conscious effort to drink lots of fluids.

Read more

Please drink a lot of water. Mine I always pee but since I am scared of the pain I am trying to hold my pee which I could not hold for a long time after the stitches I remembered peeing on the floor. I learn that I need to use adult diaper since I could not hold my urine.

Yes, it’s normal. You are probably scared that it will hurt. Ensure that you drink lots of fluids. If it's hard to start peeing, or if it stings, try pouring warm water over your perineum.

Congrats to you on your newborn! Its normal my dear. I had difficulty to pee too after i gave birth and i panicked! Haha. I even felt the urge but it couldn’t come out.

It happens to me as well. Im guessing all the “liquid” in my body went to breastfeeding my baby. So; drink up! Your body needs plenty of water for breastmilk.

Yes it is normal.happened to me as well. Congrats on your new bundle of joy.❤ Mine was 10days old already.

rswff were r3_4f223'2'&2$4&2++1+1414534!,,22$dt451445&455255143432ers22243*3343442_24443&3*24"2_

TapFluencer

Me too everything get back to normal for me like 8 months later. I'm still breastfeeding.

Hi, It is a normal reaction of the body but also consult your gynae, just to be safe :)