Catheter on after giving birth :(

Hi mummies, I had a normal delivery and couldn’t pee within the 6hrs range afterwards so they inserted a catheter on for me to drain my urine and try to pee again the next day. Since then i’ve been seeing a urologist for it as when they remove it I still can’t pee but there is urge and sensation to do so. its been almost 3 weeks and every week i have to return back to the urologist to try and pee if fail have to insert a catheter and wait for 1 week to try again. i’m exhausted and depressed as i’ve a newborn with me and with this condition i feel like i cant give the nest to my NB too…. anyone have similar experience can you share with me? my urologist keep assuring me that i will definitely recover but its been almost 3 weeks already… :(#advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was on catheter first pregnancy for about a day or two. This was after birth. Then for my second pregnancy on my first trimester I had the urge to pee but I cant. I had to be in out hosp, on catheter. They find out that the urine tract there's blockage and very tiny due to the uterus. It was indeed pressure for me. It took me weeks to learn how to train myself to not use the catheter. I had to drink lots of water, every 30 to 1 hr to visit rest room. My trick was to use bidet and slowly try to pee. I dont stress myself. I let it out slow and I calm myself with breathing technic. It may or may not work for you. But if you cannot pee, the urine hold in our body can cause kidney issue. Try to speak to your gynae/doctor for other alternative method. Remember the more you stress, your body cannot do what it wants to do. So take it easy.

Read more
1y ago

You can find me via fb Eva Felisya and slide into my DM