I have started having blurred vision lately. I have had perfect eyesight till now, but i am beginning to feel that my eyes are weaker during my pregnancy. I was reading somewhere that this can happen during pregnancy. Anyone have any experience with this?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pregnancy hormones decrease tear production which can lead to eye dryness, irritation and discomfort. Hormones also cause fluid buildup in your eyes, the same way they make your ankles and feet swell up. But fret not! Your sight usually goes back to normal after you've given birth. More serious vision problems, however, can be a sign of gestational diabetes or high blood pressure, so be sure to talk to your doctor. You can read more in this article, they even provide simple solutions for tired blurry eyes during pregnancy: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/vision.aspx

Read more

Yes. It is quite normal for preggy to experience fluctuation in eye sight. I can't see very clearly during pregnancy especially 3rd trimester. After I gave birth my eye sights are back to normal again.

thanks

Me