A little Stress up

Hi i have issues recently with my MIL . It’s quite saddening that my MIL love to control me and my husband’s regardless it is about work or our marriage. So i am currently 31weeks pregnant - before i even reach my third trimester she has already try implementing on how she wants her grandchildren to be taken care of and takecare of the child as if it was her own. Not letting me or my husband had a chance. But after quite sometime me and my husband stood up for ourselves and she obviously wasn’t happy about it. I don’t know whether to blame my pregnancy hormones or just that some people are really too much?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mil is similar also plus she talks without any filtering and her way of taking care of baby is different from my way, plus she cant handle infant well. alot of times she triggered me without knowing. Small little comments piled up and i couldnt handle it as i am the kind that thinks alot and it got worse during pregnancy (blaming it on hormones). Luckily i have a husband who is v patient, willing to listen and helped me ease my mind. He also stood up for me whenever he know that his mum is talking without filter. I would have probably went into depression without my hubs consolation. As for taking care of baby, before baby is out, my hubs and i already agree that none of our parents should be the ones setting the rules and we make sure we establish that with our own parents. Have to let them know that they are grandparents and their roles, and not to step over our rules. Next time when baby is out, there will be more conflicts like this. Example if your child is on time out and your parents/PIL wants to interfere and tell u not to, at this point of time, you and your hubs hve to stand up for what the 2 of you have agreed on and explain to them. Both of you have to support each other.

Read more