normal delivery

I have heard normal delivery is the better way than c section for baby and mother both. I would like to choose it. But I am scared of labour pain. Please encourage me. Is it really painful?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do what’s best for your baby when making your decision. If baby head too big or weight too heavy for example, gynae May advise c sect to lessen complications if natural birth is chosen. A complex birth can cause trauma to the baby, not just mother. So do consider these things before deciding apart from your own pain management issues. If all is good then can go Natural birth epidural to help u w the pain! I did that and it was almost painless (doc breaking of water bag was painful though cos I asked to retain some sensation altho on epidural) You can choose how numb you wanna go on epidural so if u v scared pain just go 100% numb waist down. I think your gynae should give you counseling on all these stuff! Mine did .

Read more
VIP Member

It varies from person to person and your threshold of pain. But honestly, when u know you are gg to be a mother, all of a sudden, things change and what you thot you are afraid of, you suddenly can overcome or even be surprised at what you can take. I for one, am pain averse. Lol! I sprained my ankle while I was pregnant and I couldn’t even take the rub with ointment. I was like screaming in pain. Then my hubby remarked, “Alamak! How u gg to deliver naturally like that? Little bit also pain, how to tahan labour pain? Maybe epidural also not enuf.” But guess what, I delivered 3 kids all WITHOUT epidural. Don’t scare yourself unnecessarily. 💪🏼 All the best! 😁

Read more

Natural birth if you can! Typically heals within a week and you can then focus on the baby and getting your milk supply going etc which goes a long way! I wouldn’t say it’s painless as even with epidural the nurses will turn the dosage down a notch just before pushing so that you can feel some contractions and help with the pushing. But it is manageable. Of course if gynae recommends c sect for a reason then best to go with it.

Read more

i was totally like you. i was anxious and such. i even keep on saying i wanted csect. but sgh was pro natural. i kept on reading and watching videos on how to have smooth delivery. thankfully, i had an induced normal delivery. and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. and i gotta agree to the first reply it differs from person to person. dont worry our body are made for birth. we are stronger than we know it. you can do this!

Read more

FTM here. Gonna try natural birth in about 10 days. Tbh I also scared HAHA but the baby need to come out one way or another. I would say go watch both POSITIVE C-section and natural birth videos. If possible, I would like to go through natural birth unless baby and me is in danger then e-C-section. Usually government hospitals are more pro natural than c sect too

Read more

Hug the laughing gas during contractions, then request epidural if needed. Normal delivery heals faster than csect. For a person with very low threshold for pain and needles, I have to say my birth experience was painless 😊

I have undergone both: normal delivery and c section. I would prefer normal delivery as I can walk without pain within the same day. 😊

No pain when wif epidural. I couldnt feel anyting. Even after it is worn off, no pain still! Didnt need painkiller the next day either

Go for epidural. No pain at all

not with epidural!