Always waking up at night to eat

I have gastric issues prior to pregnancy and now, i get hungry even more easily so I have to wake up every night to eat something. Any advice if anyone is facing the same? #1stimemom #advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! same case as u, I had gastric problems even before pregnancy and will get super famished till my brain like shuts itself (low sugar I reckon?).. so I always have a slice of wholemeal bread and sliced cheese, plus half glass of milk before rushing to bed - before I have hunger pangs again 😊

VIP Member

I’m esp hungry at night even after a full dinner, I don’t know why. So I’d just wake up at random hours 1am, 2.30am just to eat if I’m hungry. Head back to bed & off to work in the early mng.. I’ll usually have sandwiches or cereals or yogurt depending how hungry I am.

2y ago

Yuppp explains why I’m still awake at this hour

Completely normal! I now eat small meals but more frequently, even if it means waking up multiple times to eat. During my 18 weeks (now am 26 weeks) I would often ignore and continue with my sleep only to wake up again rushing to the toilet to puke! So I advice just eat

2y ago

Thanks for sharing! Ya i always tahan now and try to sleep and the next day I’ll be so gassy/nausea cause of acid reflux

hi mummy! i snack maybe two hours before going to bed. crackers, nuts, fruits, sandwich are my go to snacks. after that, i don't lie down. or put pillows like you are sitting on your bed. take care!

I’m currently experiencing the same thing. I keep some light snack (like nuts/trail mix or dates) on my nightstand, bcs i’m too lazy to get out of the bed in the middle of the night 😂

2y ago

yeah same.. i always have to stay up for 2 hours in the night to wait for my food to digest! i will try sleeping upright !

Yeah I feel hungrier at night before I sleep so I would usually eat/drink something light (like Milo) so that my tummy feels satisfied to sleep. Otherwise, I really can’t sleep lol

2y ago

Same! But i still get hungry when i have toilet runs at night… zzz

VIP Member

It’s normal. Generally in pregnancy we feel more hungry especially night times , so keep some healthy snacks like nuts beside ur bed so that it makes u bit full ..

2y ago

so good! i have issues sleeping straight up haha

normal to feel more hungry during pregnancy.. and best to take some food otherwise gastric during pregnancy is quite painful

wow that's good but I wake up to pee most of the time maybe take light meal not heavy ones ok like snack healthy snack

TapFluencer

quite normal. just avoid eating oily / fried / heavy meal in the night cos it might cause heartburn.

2y ago

yeah sometimes when i lie down i have to sit up if not I will pule