tattoo

I have been thinking about getting a tattoo of my kids names. What do you all think? Where would be a good place and least painful?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you have a job or thinking of getting a job that requires no visible tattoos to be shown, best to avoid areas like wrists, forearms etc. At my old job, we wore a uniform and for ladies, we had to have short hair not touching the shoulders or we had to tie it up. So my friends who had tattoos had to be really creative with tattoo placements. They usually have it on their shoulders or tummy area. One kept her hair in a perpetual bob so she could hide the tattoo on the nape of her neck. Generally, these places are not too painful to get tattooed because of higher muscle and fat content. If you consider getting one on your lower back, keep the whole epidural during your next labour in mind. The doctor will likely try to insert the needle through skin that isn't tattooed, such as an open area in the tattoo design. If possible, the doctor might choose a different space along your lower back. If that isn't possible, the doctor might scrape or nick a bit of your skin before inserting the needle. This reduces the possible risk associated with trapping tattoo pigment inside the needle and contaminating the anesthesia.

Read more