I have been out of jobs since I withdrew my #1 from infantcare and only recently went back to work after a tedious time finding an available slot in childcare for my son. However, my job is only a temporary assignment of 3 mths as I am pregnant. I am facing some financial difficulties thus have also switched from private gynae to subsidised one and cut down on many expenses and am aggressively looking for part time or freelance jobs but chances of being hired seem very low. I have a major concern which is the childcare fee. Soon I will not qualify for working mother subsidies. Are there any avenues through which I can apply subsidies or gov help for my son's childcare fees while I give birth and take 1-2 months to recuperate?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do you have family member (e.g. parents or in-laws) at home to help to take care your no.1? If yes, you might want to consider to let your no.1 to join 4 hours kindergarten (N1 to K2) instead? This will be a cheaper alternative. If there is no caretaker at home, you can actually try to apply additional subsidy as mentioned by Reine above.

Read more