need advice/suggestion. anyone experience this before?

i have been feeling pain at my pelvic area & the left side of my upper thigh just below my left buttock for a month since 20weeks (i'm 24weeks now).. during kkh checkup alrdy told 2 doctors but all they keep saying is it's normal that ligaments are stretching but i'm the one feeling the pain everyday, affecting my daily routine where it's even painful when lifting one leg up to wear my pants or climb up stairs.. even just sitting down or lying down & turning to left/right is painful.. told doctor this yesterday but she keep saying it's normal like can't be bothered to check or refer me to physiotherapy or anything.. i had to google the symptoms myself & now i'm worried i might have SPD(Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) or Sciatica..

need advice/suggestion. anyone experience this before?
1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

If it’s at the back, it could be sciatica-like pain. I had that since 13 weeks of pregnancy all the way to the end 😭 Very terrible indeed. It’s worse when you change positions eg. Sitting to standing, and while taking the stairs. Trying to move while lying in bed was also terrible. Truthfully, nothing worked for me, so I had to bear with the pain for 6 months. Your doctor really can’t do very much for you, except to suggest paracetamol. I also had SPD from mid 2nd trimester, so I think my whole pregnancy was just painful. I learned on my own how to adjust my walking and body movements to minimise the pain. Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn’t. Then I would take paracetamol and limp around. The sciatica-like pain went away immediately after delivery, although now I get it occasionally especially when I carry my baby.

Read more
4y ago

yessss.. the pain can be excruciating at times.. even painful when walking.. does it get worse nearing to 9mths? does it affect your labour or when giving birth? how's your birthing experience with this pain? do u take epidural?