I have 6 mos old twin boys. And currently mixed feeding them due to a very low supply breastmilk. But I would like to exclusively breastfeed them. Is there still a chance I can increase my breastmilk production?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, definitely. I only decided to full breastfeed my first child when he was already 6 months old. I used to mix feed him due to my asthma after I gave birth. It was challenging during my first month to relactate but I took all possible supplements that could help boost my milk supply. Aside from soup and malunggay, I also took Natalac and other malunggay capsules 3x/meal, and I also tried 1 bottle of Fenugreek which I bought from Healthy Options. So far, the result was great. In fact, I am still breastfeeding him until now. He's 40 months old and I havr another baby who is 14 months.

Read more

Yes, definitely. The first step to it is to stop giving them milk formula and latch, latch, latch! It's a demand and supply thing. See, if you give your kids formula, you're telling your body to produce less milk because it's not needed, anyway. So best thing to do is first, unlilatch, complement it with healthy nutritious foods especially galactagogues like malunggay, leafy greens, seafoods, oatmeal, etc. Lastly, never doubt your supply! Always think it'll be enough and think positive thoughts always. Remember, stress lessens milk supply. Hope this helps. Happy breastfeeding!

Read more

Definitely yes! Eat healthy, take supplements like malunggay and fenugreek, increase your liquid intake, get lots of rest, latch latch latch, and get in touch with a lactaction consultant :)

Seriously speaking, eat seashells and green leafy veggies will increase your supply. They work for my wife.