I hate exercising - how to lose post partum the belly fat?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think, you can focus on your diet. Do not eat food that is fatty and oily. Eat food that is high on fibre. If you are breastfeeding then let the baby turn atleast three months old and then work on losing weight. Also, have food rich in protein, as protein rich diet hunger fighting hormone and make you feel full than carbs would do. You can include fish, eggs in your daily diet. Drink green tea, eat berries but stop any intake of processed sugar. Have oranges, broccoli, kale, banana, squash, mushrooms, carrots, yogurt, leafy vegetables. Have all seasonal vegetables and fruits. And you can go for walks if do not want to exercise. Swimming is a very good sport that can help you loose weight very fast. It is not an exercise in the literal sense, as you have more of fun in water than you actually feel that you are exercising. http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/losing-baby-weight http://www.livestrong.com/article/434001-swimming-after-childbirth/

Read more

If you are breastfeeding, it will help with losing weight. Especially with you keep to a healthy and well-balanced diet (don't need to go on a diet as you will need the nutrients and energy for breastfeeding). Just ensuring that you are eating well and taking in adequate amount of fluid will help. Even if you are not breastfeeding, you can achieve your weight lost goals by keeping to a clean, healthy diet. The results will be better if you could keep an active lifestyle. If you are not inclined to exercise, just walking more, taking the stairs (instead of lifts and elevators), having an evening walk with your partner and baby after dinner will be good too. Very importantly, don't go on a crash diet as the results will not be sustainable. Eating well is key though it may take longer for you to see the results. Take care!

Read more

I understand how U feel! Cos us being mummies alr very busy n caught up all day so it's tough to find time to exercise n also we will be kinda tired to do so>< Actually if u breastfeed, it helps a lot! It's a natural n fastest way to lose e fat n win win situation for yr baby as well. Breastfeeding ftw! But if not, U can do simple mini exercises while lying on e bed n watching tv for eg. Crunches n sit ups. They help a lot in strengthening e tummy muscle but If crunches just aren't your thing or you want more of an overall workout, try yoga or Pilates, both of which place an emphasis on a strong core. Oh, and don't forget — a sensible diet (like the Postpartum Diet) and regular cardio exercise will help you burn belly fat after pregnancy (and overall fat, too). Happy working out!:)

Read more

Drink lots of water and maintain a healthy diet with lots of fibre. If you hate exercising, try to walk around more. You can download one of those walking apps and record the number of steps you take daily. Aim to increase your steps substantially everyday -- walking helps, I can vouch for it!

If you are still bf you will eventually slim down and lose weight. Maintain a healthy diet. Eat Rights. It might be takes sometimes or longer but at least you did do something on it. Jiayou!

Hi, ParentTown is having a TV session on how to keep fit during and after pregnancy with Kelly Latimer-Loi; on the 6th of September at 10pm. Click on TV to find out more :)

Yoga is a great option. Great to balance mind, body and soul. Being a mum requires a lot of patience and yoga replinishes you in many ways!

Breastfeeding is the best way to lose weight. I look slimmer and thinner after my yongest bb born. Anyway, have a healthy diet is important too. :)

I disagree that breastfeeding will help to lose weight for all. It didn't help for me and also for some other mummies I know..

Breastfeeding helps to lose the weight. Controlling your diet also plays a huge role in losing that weight.