Vaginal Birth After Caeserean (VBAC)

I had my first baby via caeserean section more than 18 months ago. For this upcoming pregnancy, I would like to go for VBAC. The success rate for VBAC is between 60 and 80 percent but there are also risks involved such as: -uterine rupture -complications like heavy bleeding for the mother For VBAC, the gynae has also advised that the baby has to be delivered naturally meaning the water bag has to break. No induction methods are allowed to kick-start the labour process. Anybody has this experience? Could you tell me more? I would love VBAC but the risks involved scares me alot.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I personally decided NOT to go for VBAC precisely because of the risks u mentioned. It looks like you have researched this quite thoroughly and know the risks involved. Stats is all well and fine but be aware that one success story you hear does not mean everyone else has had the same success. That being said, it is a measured risk that you and your doctor have to consider and take. What was the situation that led to the first c-sec? Are you in a similar situation now? That could weigh in whether you are a good candidate for VBAC this time or if a c-sec would be safer for both mother and baby.

Read more
VIP Member

How much we think abt our delivery but honestly it’s not in our hands .. my 1st delivery everything was normal .. even water sac was ruptured n got pains from mng to night 9pm , but somehow baby couldn’t come out because of issue finally end with c sec .. so just enjoy ur delivery n just cross the fingers to make everything was as expected.. Tc

Read more

Thank you for your replies! Gynae said I could try VBAC this time if I want to. I guess I'll just let nature take its course and not worry too much!

Don’t worry too much! If the baby wants to comes naturally, they will come! remember to find a vbac pro gynae!