Abortion history

I had an abortion about 10+ years back when I was young. Now I am married, and will be going for the 1st doctor visit. I'm worry what to answer, how to answer to the doctor, as I haven't told my husband about my abortion history. Any suggestion? Or can I keep it discreet since it happened more than 10 years ago?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The doc do ask us of any abortion history and I think even ask if we had more than 1 partners. Last time I went to see a gynec in polyclinic for irregular menses and she asked me these and even noted the reply on the record (a copy of which was given to us and even mentioned on the referral letter) So high chances for your husband to know it too. And abortion history will surely be taken into consideration for your current pregnancy and high chance they will discuss about it during your visits. If your husband accompanies you he may know it eventually. Personally I would suggest you to open up to your husband, though I don't know how to disclose this all of a sudden. He shouldn't realise that you opened upto him just because you need to open up to the doc later.

Read more

Yea, the doc will need this info to ensure your current pregnancy is in the best state. For the sake of your baby, it is best to reveal this info to the doc, and your husband too, before the doc visit. With the right communication, it'll be alright. Be brave for your child! You can do it!

We are all supporting you mummy! No judgement on your decision 10 years ago! My personal opinion - I will want to provide the best for my baby, and if i couldnt do it 10 years ago, ill make sure i do it for my current one :)

Best to declare! Why are u risking your health and baby’s? My cousin had 2 abortion before marriage and i dont think she was truthful.. and she had complications during labour that she had emergency csect.

It will be good to share it with him. I think it’s important to have a strong foundation for marriage and that requires trust and openness. Try talking to him. Be brave as you start a family on our own.

I told my husband about my history before marriage. But don’t want them to keep repeating in front of him. So I said he don’t know, and my dr screen indicate as confidential.

Doctors will definitely ask if this is your first pregnancy - as they did for mine. I think it is an opportunity to share this with your husband as well. all the best!

Before seeing dr you can inform the nurse they will call you in first then call your hubby in. Then your file in the computer will be confidential.

Gynae wont ask you personal things like this. They will only congratulate you on your current pregnancy. Pls dont worry unnecessarily. 😊

I had a abortion too but when I'm nearing to giving birth the gynae suddenly asked I've to declare and spill the bean out when hub was there.