Baby cried all the way in flight

Any tips to prevent or help baby (4months) from crying when in flight? I went to malaysia, which is a 1 1/2 flight, baby slept during take off and sucking pacifier but once the plane is up, baby woke up and started crying non stop and looks very uncomfortable. He cry until mucus from nose all come out. Tried carrying him, suck pacifier, play with toy, talk to him etc but nothing works. I believe his ears are painful from the air pressure. I panicked so bad cause the plane is full house and people confirm is cursing me very badly for letting my baby cry and its very noisy. Last choice was almost landing, gave baby milk (not his feeding time) and he stopped crying. However milk feed will only last 10 mins at most so idk what else to do to soothe baby😣 And because we gave him milk not during his feeding time, and the interval is like an hour he spent the next few hours keep puking out milk. Like a lot. We still have a plane back in 2 days time and im so scared to fly back😭 cause confirm he will cry again and non stop. Im more scared of people’s judgement and causing inconvenience to them. And i cant always be feeding baby milk during flight. Any other tips mummies ? I dont breastfeed or latch.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

i bought silicon ear plug for the baby. there is some kind of headset for it, too. Maybe it can help. If you cannot feed milk when take up or landing ( when they mentioned they are going lower ), maybe try to let your baby sucking on the pacifier it help too. You dont need to feed the baby during the flight unless they are hungry.

Read more
3mo ago

Pacifier also doesnt help