Newborn never sleep at night

Is it normal for newborn to not sleep at night? From the first day discharged till now, 2 weeks, my newborn barely sleep at night from 10pm/12am - sunrise. Always wide awake or sleepy but fighting his eyes to be awake, and always crying nonstop until his voice become scratchy. Nothing works, rock him to sleep, hold him, cuddle him, white noise, swaddled, give him milk, use baby telon oil on stomach and body, changed diaper, turned down the light etc. Every single night itll be like this i dont even know whats wrong and its really driving us crazy cause we barely sleep and cant figure out what he wants. during the day usually he would sleep after feed but not at night. He’s on full formula and we feed him every 2 hours or so. Stomach is not hard. People around me tell me its because theyre adapting the life inside womb to the outside world and still dont know how to differentiate day and night. But idk how long will this last and how long we can tahan 😭😭😭 #firstbaby #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went thru this phase, somewhat bb auto sleep at night. We also never do much to change, just suffer every day 🥺 Since still newborn and only 2 weeks i think bb still adapting

VIP Member

yes we went through the same stage. Try investing in rocker or bouncer and see if the gentle rocking motion helps calming the baby.

Hi Mummy, buy some white noise gadget (in Shopee, not ex) and her him hear, he misses ur womb I guess ❤️❤️❤️

yes! babywear helped my tired hands. invest in a carrier for newborn. now at 2 months, sleep thru the night!

Read more