I am on full terms now, going 37 weeks. I am so worry about everything. I scared that I can't handle this big responsible worry that I will not do well. I am scared of labour pain and going under knife(c-section). I don't know how to deal with the fear I am having. I even tell my husband that I wish my baby can be in my tummy don't come out. He reply you are so uncomfortable why not faster have him out and you will be more relax. I say I rather have all the hips/bone ache and sleepless night and frequently urine lo. The unknown labour pain is the one that I am so afraid of. I become very emo and wondering why only the women have to been through all this and not the husband. They still can say nvm don't worry, not pain, no need scared. Then why not they go through it also with us. Experience the pain and changes we have. I am so sad and even keep crying like a scary cat. My husband say I should not think too much. But I am the one going through all this sure will think alot.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi dear, I can totally relate to you.. but I didn't have any worries before giving birth, instead I rushed it. I asked dr to induce me because my girl is overdue. I had almost 26 hours of labour, and ended up with ecsect.. I cried when they push me in to the OT, but I keep telling myself, as long as my baby is safe. But all those feelings come afterwards. I thought I could handle it well, I thought it'll be stress-free. I thought it will be easy. but man was I wrong. I suffered from depression, I was crying almost everyday during my confinement.. because my husband cheated on me with a married woman.. I was so stress I almost left house and give up on everything.. but I have group of friends and family to help me overcome it.. my husband which promise to not do anything wrong again, my mum asked him to write down in black and white that he will never cheat again or else he will give up all custody to my baby, with signature and thumbprint.. having a baby is a learning journey for both parents and baby, we're not born to know how to take care of a baby, or know how to love a baby.. but we will learn along the way.. I'm still suffering from depression, I may look happy, but I used to have visions like how my baby will die. like what if she fell from the building, or what if we get hit by a car, or will she suffocate when sleeping. To the point I'm afraid of going out. I'm not 6 months pp, things have been going well. We all have fears, it's okay.. It's okay to be afraid. But learn along the way.. all the best momma.

Read more