Pregnant 5 wks 4 days , is it ok for me to use my treadmill & is feeling super hungry all the time..

I just found out Im pregnant so my friends and family told me to stop doing exercise for now.. May i know at what month or weeks can i start back using my treadmill.. i've gain alot 4kg eventho it is just new.. I been feeling hungry super hungry my both pregnancy before 19 year ago is not like this.. Is it feeling super hungry normal?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is fine to walk but not on a treadmill maybe, to avoid accidental falls. In fact it should be good to do some light exercise throughout pregnancy, helps with managing blood glucose level at a later stage of pregnancy. Hunger pangs seems normal to me throughout my pregnancy, even with some morning sickness in the first trimester I would still get hungry fast. 😅 But to manage weight gain, I suggest you try practice a low GI diet like how people with gestational diabetes manage their blood glucose. Reduce refined sugar like anything made of flour or contain too much sugar/calorie (prata, white bread, dumplings, pao, cake, bubble tea, fried food, biscuits, etc.), switch white rice to brown rice if possible (even basmathi is slightly better than white rice), switch noodles to pasta, reduce sauces in your meal (no bolognese pasta, tomato based sauce has too much sugar, go for aglio olio would be the best), and eat healthier snacks (nuts with a little bit of dried figs that doesn't add sugar, Sugalight ice cream if you crave for ice cream, sugar free soy milk, non-fat and sugar-free yogurt, Sunshine or Gardenia low GI bread, low fat milk and cheese, etc.). Make sure you have a balanced diet for every main meal, which means having a healthy portion of protein and low GI carbo so that your baby will grow healthy (you cannot cut carbo completely). Gaining weight of 11 - 15kg throughout your whole pregnancy is normal, so don't worry too much about the 4kg gained for now, but start your healthy habits and diet now. All the best for your pregnancy!

Read more
6d ago

ahh ok great thank for the advice.. aww congrat baby coming soon..

to me simple. baby or treadmill. if u love ur fetus, by all means stop 1st whatever that will endanger the lil one.. 1st tri is critical.. once danger zone is out.. maybe go nature walk which is better than the machine. just my 2cents view.. congrats n good luck mommie.

Usually 2nd trimester can do some light exercise but need to get the green light from your gynae.

6d ago

ok noted on this will ask my gynae too.. thank

TapFluencer

extent of exercise will defer from person to person... best to seek advice from gynae

yes