5 Replies

Don't worry, I think normal raising of voice doesnt affect. I was in my 2nd trimester last year when sch reopened aft CB. I'm a pri sch teacher btw. Felt so stressed with the kids tt time, had many angry episodes with my P2s but luckily tt didn't affect my baby. Though baby was extra active (kick alot) whenever I'm in class. Nevertheless, he came out big and healthy and has been hitting his milestones earlier than average. So don't worry abt it. And yes the wireless mic does help alot!

I only informed my RO and P of my pregnancy just when sch reopened, tt was in my 2nd tri alr. Frm my 6th month onwards, my asthma got worse so I've pre-empted my sch tt I might be on HL prior to EDD. At my 7th month, my gynae helped to write a doctor's note abt my condition so tt the sch cld make some manpower arrangement. During this time, I also discussed with my RO and HR abt the duration of my ML, EML and UICL. I think best if u cld inform ur sch as early as possible. Of course, check with ur gynae also abt the possibility of HL. My gynae is flexible and granted me 5 weeks HL. My colleague who had asthma too only got 1 week.

I am a teacher too, in a pri sch. At 24 weeks i opted for the wireless mic and it was much better as i don't have to raise my voice anymore since i become so breathless already when reaching the classroom lol. I do feel baby kicking when i'm in front of the class, but it doesn't occur to me baby is stressed.

Super Mum

Imagine you're underwater and there are thick layers of insulation all around you. The noise level needs to be really really loud before it can affect baby's ears. Don't worry as long as the noise doesn't stress you out yourself, baby will be fine

I am a teacher too and I often got angry with the students and my baby is quite hot tempered and Inpatient so try not to scold students and chillax a bit.

I saw below on article. " Increased noise levels can cause stress. This can cause changes in a pregnant woman's body that can affect her developing baby."

Trending Questions

Related Articles