How bad is your constipation?

I am entering 23 weeks now and suddenly today have constipation. Feel a little tear :( it’s so painful when the pee accidentally flow to the bum :( How do i treat the tear now? I always eat fruits and drink yakult/yoghurt everyday hence so weird why i still have constipation :;

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had very bad constipation at week 30. I was overseas and didn’t drink much water cos there weren’t a lot of toilets. It took me more than 30 minutes in the toilet but through it all, I instinctively did not push it out cos I had read that I’ll tear or get haemorrhoids. I moved around and tried different positions. Squeezed my abdominal muscles everytime I breathed out. I also did this breathing technique called J breathing, which is good practice for labour as well. Even though I did took a long time, I definitely didn’t tear. Trial and error but for me, what resolved my constipation issue is drinking 3 litres of water everyday and taking Greek yoghurt for breakfast (with fruits and nuts). But ultimately I felt what saved me the most from tearing was the technique to pushing out during constipation 😅 Please do find out from doctor what can be done with the tear, hopefully it’ll resolve with time.

Read more

I had bad haemorrhoids when I was young but it didn’t trigger and come back for more than a decade. But during pregnancy it came back. I check with my doctor and they said nothing can be done till after I gave birth because the medication not safe for pregnancy. 🥲 sometimes if the poop is too hard, it will cut the skin of ur butt hence the bleeding. It usually recover over a few days to a week. You have to bear with it. I can only advised u not to strain yourself to poop or force out the poop, because that’s how I got haemorrhoids in the first place. Now I always poop during the last min where it auto want to come out (if you know what I mean) not force it out. Then I use water to wash after poop and don’t wipe too hard with toilet paper or it will hurt. I realise peeing while slightly bent forward helps too! So the pee won’t flow back so much to touch the butthole and cause the stinging feeling.

Read more

I had constipation during the whole pregnancy. Gynae gave me fibre drink, yucky but helpful. Maybe you can try getting stool softener from your gynae?

Eat more dragon fruits. And have probiotics supplements The first thing u do when u wake up, take a glass of warm water. It’s really help

Read more

me W10, usually very smooth 2x a day started w6 2days once. I feel not comfortable :( not sure is it because I hv belly fats

Samee i even have blood from my bumhole ☹️ and it stings

12mo ago

Oh no… isit a lot of blood? If blood it’s likely anal fissure?