is it important to get confinment nanny

I will be due in end Sept. Been asking a few agency n private confinement nanny. I'm not very comfortable with a stranger staying with us. Wonder if is OK I order confinement meals instead get a nanny. What's your views?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Am in the same situation as you - am due with our first child in mid Aug. Have asked a more popular agency - and they insist me to quickly place a deposit. But am not comfortable with a stranger at home, plus not sure if a competent CL will be available/ be assigned. Have heard n read too many horror stories. Have decided to order confinement food and also get the herbal bath/soup/tea package. Husband will also be taking his paternity leave entitlement to help. Hopefully we can manage things well. Good luck to u too!

Read more

I believe having a confinement nanny will help a lot. They can help with preparing meals doing laundry and taking care of baby in the middle of the night. U need lots of rest especially during the first month for your body to recover. Better to have someone to help you so u can get sufficient rest. If u are not comfortable with strangers, at least get someone else like your mum or your mil to help u?

Read more
TapFluencer

After giving birth we are suppose to rest and nourish our body. Getting a confinement nanny is important. -Firstly someone is there to help you out guide you along especially if you're breastfeeding. - if you don't take care yourself well during confinement usually there will be side effect when you're old. - handling a newborn is not that easy at all. Sleep deprive etc.

Read more

Ultimately confinement nanny is there to help take care of yourself and baby. As a new mum you’ll gonna need lots of help, unless your mum or MIL is able to help you. The confinement period is also crucial for your body to heal. So you should get plenty of rest instead of stressing over baby.

VIP Member

It can be doable if you have a helper, your hubby is on leave and you order confinement tingkat I had csec and was in excruciating pain for 2 weeks so that's something to consider as well. I spent the money and had good rest, as did my husband .

Hire a stay out confinement nanny so that you won't feel too awkward of having a stranger in your house. But that will expose having virus brought home from the daily commute. Would advise to have a CL if you are a FTM or going through c sect.

4y ago

Thanks. Will go enquire. You have already pop out. So now is enjoy your bonding with your boys. ,😀 Ya. I can understand the shitty feeling. No medicine n no one can cure us but to endure through. No choice. We r woman born to take this hardship.

unless you have someone to help take care of baby during your resting period, getting confinement lady is better as she settles your (and family) meal and takes care of baby.. plus you can also learn tips on how to care for baby

It depends on whether u can get help. I did not get a CL. Order confinement meals n gt my mum to come over n stay to help with bb. U need someone that can help u to shower bb and manage night feed.

TapFluencer

i strongly believe so, for time to heal. but if u r not comfortable, can order confinement meals to at least take care of your own health.

I wonder if we can even hire one if the circuit breaker gets extended or the Govt disallows Malaysians from coming into sg

4y ago

Hire those who are already in sg.. Some agencies I contacted has gotten the licence to operate