IVF blues.

I will be doing the IVF procedure. I want know if it hurts?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my ivf journey has been a blessing: 1) vaginal probe (mild discomfort but you will get use to it) 2) egg retrieval (cramps but manageable with warm water intake and keeping stomach area warm) 3) risk of OHSS (bloating and constipation is real) 4) embryo transfer (like pap smear) 5) daily injection (be good if you engage your spouse to help u, and not be afraid of injections) 6) post embryo transfer medication (i was give progesterone, which basically needs me to insert into the v. minimal discomfort) pain is bearable, just relax and trust that you are in good hands. most importantly, a positive mindset is the key to a smooth ivf journey. there will be a lot of anxiety and uncertainty, so yes, keep a positive and open mindset. engage your spouse, support is highly recommended! there might be some disruptions to your work given the tail end of the injections, extraction and transfer, be prepared to go to the hosp every other day.

Read more
Super Mum

There will be pain / discomfort of different forms at these stages: 1) vaginal ultrasounds 2) injections during stimulation and maybe after ET 3) egg/ oocyte retrieval aka ER 4) embryo transfer aka ET 5) Blood tests To me, none of it compares to childbirth...

Read more

pain is bearable, relax 😃

All the best!!! 💪