baby position

I did my 20 weeks scan. And had a hard time scanning the baby due to the position ( baby was facing me) MIL says that during sleep I have to keep changing my position so that baby learns how to turn. The thing is I'm a heavy sleeper, so I will stay in one position throughout the night unless I wake up and I don't feel comfortable then I will change. Where else, my hubby is a light sleeper and he sleeps before me . When I toss and turn , he will wake up. So I reduce my movements whenever I'm in bed . Is it true that I have to keep changing my position when I sleep?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't think turning in your sleep helps though :/ I've a reverse problem. I'm a light sleeper and I turn a lot in my sleep, since I tend to wake up when my husband moves. I've also been active throughout my pregnancy; I swam, did pregnancy-friendly circuit / strength training, and yoga. None of which changed my baby's position. She has been facing my spine for awhile now and I think babies will only turn when they want to. Mine turned to a better position for measurements almost at the end of the scan and the sonographer got me to measure a second time so she could get better measurements. Also, like you mentioned, it's harder to get good measurements when baby's back is against our belly. So don't worry too much if the measurements turn out to be a bit off! It happened for me and it was okay after I repeated the scan 2 weeks later and her position was better.

Read more
4y ago

So the baby will turn roughly around 22 weeks or so?

VIP Member

No la... try walking around and rubbing tummy