Tight on cash and changing hospitals

I am currently in my 34th week, and I am supposed to be giving birth at TMC with Dr Jasmine. Because of this covid situation, i voluntarily took UPL because Im working at a hotel which is now currently a gov facility and there are positive cases. Because its voluntary, i dont get paid and i cant get help from gov. So now, i only could depend on my husband. We realise that we dont have enough for the hospital fees if i deliver there and thinking about changing to NUH. Has anyone ever done this? How is the procedure like? How do I request to change hospital? 😔

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My sister did. She was supposed to give birth in SGH but ended up in KKH which according to her was "so much better." And she took private. I have no idea how she did the change but for subsidise, it is better for you to go to the polyclinic first. Otherwise if you go straight to NUH, they'll charge you with their private fees.

Read more

u will need to go polyclinic to get a referral letter first..after that you can get subsidise rates at KKH (:

If you are exploring subsidised route, need to go polyclinic first

Y dun u call NUH hotlines for clarifications ?

It is better to check with the hospital