LTVP giving birth at NUH

Hi Mummies, I am currently on my 21st week and seeing Prof Su at NUH. I just have few questions hope anyone can share similar experience with me 🥺 So I am married to Singaporean currently holding LTVP and planning to give birth at NUH (due date June 2022) however, I am unsure about the fees. Tried calling the hospital and some other people for information but I wasn’t given clear instructions. Since I am a foreigner, I am charged as Private Patient at NUH, but since my husband is local, we can claim financial help from Medisave. 1. Antenatal package with Prof Su is $1100 at 21 weeks. How do we claim antenatal expenses from medisave? Do we consolidate or automatically deducted from the package? 2. How much was your total bill with normal delivery? Planning to take A1 ward as I am a light sleeper. Total bill for LTVP (foreigner) minus the medisave claims? 3. My baby is automatically Singaporean to follow my husband. Is the baby’s fees fully paid, partially paid or not paid at all by his medisave grant upon giving birth? Apologies if I am asking wrong questions or if I assumed something wrongly as its my first time and I have no idea how these things work. I have very limited friends under LTVP so I am unsure 🙏 hope anyone can help me #pleasehelp #pregnancy #sgbabies #nuh #vaginalbirth

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello, i'm also ltvp holder, and currently on my 14weeks, i'm also private patients at Nuh, as what i heard on my first visit, they Will give u financial consultation around 22weeks if i'm not wrong, and u can got $1100 package start from 22weeks until delivery, all included consultation, ultrasound and anything, so we don't need to pay more on every visit, except we asked for extra care... so for what u can claim is u can claim for your pre-delivery bill upto $900, u can claim after u delivery, so u can give them your bill after delivery, so they will calculate all your bill and deduct it with medisave. that's whats written in Moh web.https://www.moh.gov.sg/cost-financing/healthcare-schemes-subsidies/marriage-and-parenthood-schemes

Read more
Post reply image
2y ago

Thank you appreciate it 🙏

Im also LTVP holder, but im doing my check ups and will be giving birth at KKH. 1. I guess you need to pay upfront first the $1,100. and you can only claim the $900 maternity claims once you give birth. 2. i dont know about the bill of Nuh, but in Kkh LTVP PLUS holders can choose wards from A-C once will give birth. Kkh have bill calculator in their website. Medisave withdrawal will be Medisave withdrawal limits for Medisave Maternity Package (MMP) are as follows: $2,150 for Caesarean delivery $750 for Vaginal delivery $550 per day for the first two days and $400 per day from the third day onwards $900 for pre-delivery expenses 3. it depends on baby's ward and medical bills.

Read more
2y ago

No not the consultation and ultrasound. we can only claim right away from husband's medisave the flu jab and whooping cough. 😊