Advisable to change supplements when ttc?

I am currently consuming the normal folic acid supplements. I am thinking of changing it to pre-natal supplements (21st century brand)? I don't know if the current folic acid supplements is working for me.. Or should I just stick with it? #advicepls #ttc

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest if you are on the early stage of pregnancy or TTC best to consume folic acid (if you are being prescribe by doctor/gynae) because folic acid can be consume when you are TTC or during first tri. Not advisable to change unless you have taken before, reviews are good, you seek advise from your doctor/gynae.

Read more
VIP Member

Dr prescribed folic acid 5mg during my ttc. For prenatal vitamins, u can check the details, usually folic acid is less than 5mg in pre-natal vitamins. Even now I am in my early pregnancy, dr said Folic acid and the other prescription is enough. I don’t need to add multi vitamin.

Folic acid is essential in ttc. Even if you are pregnant, docs will still ask you to take till end of first trimester. U may want to add probotics as one of your supplements as well.

blackmore has conceive well folic acid tablet, you might want to try that ?