What should i do?

I am currently 38weeks & 5 days pregnant. I've been having flu since the past 3 days. I thought that maybe my pillow was too thin, therefore everytime i woke up from sleep, i'll choked on my own saliva that triggers my flu. Yesterday evening, i just felt like checking ART kit due to my flu ( cause i couldn't sneeze & was having a little breathless ( didint took it seriously because i was having asthma.) ) I took the ART kit twice. One, before bathing & the other one after bathing. Both showed 2lines. What should i do?

What should i do?
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! You should head to a SASH clinic (Google for SASH clinic for one that's near you and opened on Sundays) in the morning to get a PCR test done. At the clinic, ask if the doctor can put a note that you're already 38++w (to expedite once your +ve results come back!) Once you get the confirmed PCR results probably by Monday, MOH will be alerted. Since you're 38w++, you very very likely don't qualify for HRP. While waiting for instructions from MOH, monitor your oxygen levels and baby movements regularly. If you feel that something is not right /breathing difficulties etc /ANYTHING at all, call 995 for the ambulance. They will likely take you to KKH - it's the best place now for Covid+ mummies. Even if you're supposed to give birth elsewhere, let them do an examination and then discuss with them the next best steps. Speaking from experience - I was tested positive at 26/27+ weeks. Was sent to KKH two days after pcr test results and warded as part of protocols. There were other mummies who were in a similar situation as you. I know it's hard but don't worry too much at this point. Stay calm and just monitor yourself very closely in the meantime! Hope this helps! Wishing you a smooth and safe delivery! Take care.

Read more
2y ago

To add on, going down on your own - I'm just afraid you need to wait and that really adds on to the stress. You've got this! 🙏🏻🙏🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻