Home renovation

I am currently 30 weeks preggy and is currently doing up my new house to move before the baby arrives. My FIL keeps telling my husband to not let me be at the new house at all especially when the contractors are installing things. Is this some pantang thing? May I know why? Realistically I am aware that there may be dusts/particles from drilling or chemicals from cleaning. But I diligently keep my mask on at all times and stay far away from the chemicals. We are not doing any major works or any hacking anyways. Also, I am a very DIY person so am I able to do up some stuffs on my own? Or cannot do at all? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes it’s a pantang thing. i can’t even fix a broken window grille or paint a hole on my wall because it may affect the baby. one example my mil said to scare me was her friend’s baby had a big red birth mark on the face because she painted her house while pregnant. 😮‍💨 to be on the safe side we just listen to them. if not i would never have heard such things. esp pregnant ladies cannot even be around, much less do the DIY

Read more

Superstition but best to listen to the elders. my mum told me not to nail a loose painting to the wall as the sound will affect the baby. however, my neighbours who just moved on next door drill and drill whole day. 😐so I asked my hubby to nail the painting while I am out to appease my in laws. sometimes, its best to create harmonious relationships with in laws for small matters like that, no matter how independent you are.

Read more