Can my 4 month old baby eat purée or taste fruits?

I am curious as I have been hearing that I should feed my baby purée and let her taste fruits. I’m confused. Help a sis out thank you ❤️

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello i am infant educarer and usually in preschool we start to give infants at the age of 6 months. But it depends on the parents as well. If you want to start early, you can ask doctor first for advice. Usually once the baby neck is stable and they can sit on bamboo chair, should be fine to give them pure. If you want to start giving your child food. Try one at a time. Feed cereal first to see any allergy reaction. If one month is fine then can start trying fruit. Try to introduce one food/fruit for a week or two or a month so that you can see your child’s allergy reaction. Hope this helps.

Read more
TapFluencer

I gave my bb cereal during 5mth. I tried giving puree from brands but he doesn’t want and i tasted the puree it doesn’t really taste or smell nice lol maybe asian babies don’t like such food hahahahahha. Can try to explore, give abit for tasting and see their reaction?

I would wait till at least 5.5m or when she can sit well with assistance. Also if I were to start, I would start with rice cereal over fruits. No hurry, they have a whole lifetime to eat 😜 By then you’ll be stressing what to cook everyday already hahah.

1y ago

BLW is where you let baby explore the food and let them feed themselves. You can check out solidstarts on IG. Alternatively, traditional weaning (You feed them) is equally good as some babies (like mine) don’t like to do BLW. 😊

My son , i let him taste certain fruits only at 4 mnths . And puree only single flavours . I start to mix a little baby rice powder into into formula at 4 mnths too .

1y ago

Thank you for sharing! I am learning still. The baby rice, are you referring to nestum?

We started very early with the tasting. Licking a food to get used to flavors is very different from eating it.

I suggest wait for another 2-3 months for the baby to have a stronger bowl system

VIP Member

Pls start feeding any other foods except milk only after 6 months.

1y ago

Thank you for the enlightenment

TapFluencer

i only started well over 6mo... rather err on side of caution

I’d wait until Baby turns 6 months at least.

Recommend to wait till 6 months at least

1y ago

Alright thank you