2nd trimester and crying

i cry while watching those videos of ppl documenting their baby delivery. i see the amt of pain they gone thru. its so scary, so painful. i dont think i can do it, even for a second time...

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I watch to prepare myself mentally. I have low tolerance of pain so I opt for epidural for both labour. no pain at all. sometime silly silly go for labour also good. though I watch the videos but I have no idea what is contraction n how to count. so by the time I bleed n in labour ward, I'm almost ready to deliver within the next few hours.

Read more
TapFluencer

don't go watch all these just let it be naturally now you should enjoy your pregnancy and not making yourself worried. before I'm like you my pain level tolerance level super low I just don't go think about it I experienced 3x contraction I still survived. it's the power of mother love at that moment that makes you strong

Read more

I personally think it's normal to feel that way. We will always say we're scared of birth & done with having babies but then got pregnant again. It's normal for women and our instinct. Your body will remember how it used to deal with the pain. But then again, don't watch the videos to scare yourself

every pregnancy I would watch again n again just to prepare myself mentally on how to handle the pain , contraction even tough this is my 7th pregnancy.

VIP Member

I feel you 😀 I stopped watching labor videos. I tell myself every pregnancy is different and hence may be I'll be having an easier one. 😄

First time mum here! Is it actually advisable to watch these videos to prepare for delivery? Is it better to watch closer to due date?

3y ago

Better don't. You'll only scare yourself. I'm not a FTM and I also get scared watching the videos cos I had vaginal deliveries so can't see from my side then will cringe and cry. Then I will say "oh it looks like that?" lol 😂 Let your body handle the pain naturally. No need to watch that kind of videos. Really. If you ever need something for the pain, there's always epidural to the rescue.

VIP Member

Don’t think abt it too much! Epidural helps alottttttt in relieving pain..stay positive ok

VIP Member

Epidural makes wonder. Don't sweat over it! Just go ahead with your birth plan!

3y ago

That's weird. With epidural, you should feel numb waist down and will not feel anything. Did they test you? Like putting this thing (not sure what it is) which is ice cold on your thigh and see if you can feel anything? I only felt my 4th one came out when they lower the dosage at 8-9cm dilated. But no pain.