21st Century Folic Acid

Can I consume this as a folic acid for my early stage of pregnancy? Is it good?

21st Century Folic Acid
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If u look at the contents, the yellow folic acid that's available in alot pharmacy has way higher content than most of the prenatal multivits out there. N its cheap, per 1 month pack $4+ only. Even cheaper if u were to buy in polyclinic and gov hospital. I have seen so many gynaes over the years, some have differing views as to whether to take prenatal multivits in trimester 1. My current gynae says only start on trimester 2, only gave me the yellow folic acid.

Read more

Do not take any supplements without prescription by your gynae. It is very risky for your pregnancy. Every pregnant women has different needs and we are all prescribed different supplements. I was prescribed this for my 2nd trimester onwards then had to change to another supplement. For 1st trimester all you need is FOLIC ACID and just that.

Read more

I took this before I had my first visit to the gynae. Gynae asked me if I was taking any supplements and I told her I was taking this and she just let me continue with it.

You should consume this in addition to folic acid. I was prescribed this prenatal vitamin brand by my gynae in NUH.

Better to check with your gynea on supplements to take. Or you can just buy off the shelf 5mg folic acid.

TapFluencer

your gynae should prescribe you folic acid please check with him or her

Best to check with Gynae for all Supplement before consume.

Better check with gynae