changing child's surname

can i change my child surname if the court grant me sole custody with care n control??

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, you are able to change your child surname. But in order for the court to grant you full care and control of the child, you must be fully capable to handle of both mindset and financial. The court(the judge) won't be able to give you full control if you lack both. You need a strong case and also a good lawyer to fight for you. Good luck and best wishes. Take care.

Read more
3y ago

i see. I'll look for the lawyer who handles my divorce, see whether she got the confident to help me on that anot. mine abit special and troublesome case cos the ex is in prison so its abit more complicated ~ anyway thanks for the info!