Supplements and Vitamins

May I ask everyone what kind of supplements do you take when you are pregnant? I'm currently only taking fish oil and Swisse's pregnancy supplement. Is that enough? Is there anything else that I should also take?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Depends on your pregnancy stage as well. During 1st trimester only folic acid is a must. After that hospital will prescribe you fish oil and Obimin multivitamins. I'm still in 2nd trimester so not sure if they give anything additional for 3rd trimester. This is what hospital gives. You can take additional supplements if you feel the need too. In my case I don't drink milk so I started CalVit D3 supplement (Calcium + Vitamin D3) from the beginning. I also had Blackmore's during my 1st tri. These are basics. If you looking to have those advanced ones better to check with your gynec too. Before taking CalVit and Blackmore's I did consult my gynec. Also remember the more supplements you take the more water you need to drink.

Read more

gynae recommended obimin only and was told to eat proper healthy food. Dont take too much supplements cause it can be dangerous to your baby if you have high amounts of certain vitamin such as Vit A. At 4 months other than Obimin i was recommended to add fish oil. However doc said if im consuming fish 2 times a week its not a must.

Read more

Do consult your gynae before you take any additional vitamins. I only take the 21st century pre natal multi vitamins which was prescribed to me and I asked her if I can also drink Anmum materna milk which she said can. I only take these 2. The rest comes from the foods I eat

TapFluencer

I'm a alpha minor thalassemia carrier. 1. Iron supplements 2. calcium +D3 supplements (I don't take a lot of dairy products) 3. fish oil 4. prenatal vitamin 5. folic acid (first 5 months)

Read more
TapFluencer

Folic Acid Vitamin D3 DHA Multi vitamin Calcium if I remembered correctly, during my 1st pregnancy gynae will have me to do blood test check what is lack of, and add on iron

Read more

Better consult your Ob mommy for proper prescription. I had taken bone formula, folic acid , ferrous sulfate, and marine omega.

VIP Member

When I was pregnant I take the vitamins prescribed ni OB at caltrate plus para sa bones ko.

as long as you're eating well, don't worry about it! also, drink lots and lots of water.

I took folic until my gynae gave me fish oil, calcium, prenatal vitamins.

TapFluencer

folic acid