I am pregnant mum. I travel lots. When should I stop flying oversea?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

For most airlines around the world, they will allow boarding for pregnant women up to 36 weeks (uncomplicated single pregnancies) and up to 32 weeks (uncomplicated multiple pregnancies) to board. Once you reach 28 weeks of pregnancy, you will require a medical certificate signed by your gynae stating that it is safe for you to board (dated within 10 days of outbound travel). The second trimester is the safest period to fly. In the first trimester, the risk of miscarriage is very high so it might be tough if you're overseas and suffer a miscarriage. The first trimester is also when morning sickness really hits you hard. In the third trimester, your belly will be heavier and some women suffer from backaches. Also not the best period to fly. https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/expectant-mothers/

Read more

I agree with mummy Jamie. I work in a corporate travel agenies and have many clients who were pregnant and yet flying all around the world. However, I would advise to avoid at least thr first trismeter if possible as your body is the most "fragile" at this point of time. If you are worried, speak to your gynae about your concerns and he will give you the all-clear if you're deemed fit enough.

Read more
VIP Member

It is not advisable to fly during first trimester as mums may feel high level of nausea ,exhaustion and sickness. And the risk of bleeding or miscarriage is quite high. Once you reach third trimester, the burden of carrying baby increases. And most airlines require a clearance letter signed by your gynae. So, I feel second trimester is the best time to fly.

Read more

For most women, traveling during pregnancy is safe. As long as you and your fetus are healthy, you can travel safely until you are 36 weeks pregnant.

32 weeks The airline does not allow boarding in all cases.

thanks

For most airlines 36weeks?

Consult your doctor

Last tri

32 weeks