Baby Nail Cutting

Using a baby Nail cutter, I accidentally cut my Baby's left hand last smallest index finger nail too deep and it cause a minor cut, and baby had say 5 to 10++ drops of minor bleeding. After cleaning the wound with tissue & Applied Aloe Vera Gel, bleeding has stop & Baby seems okay now, just that the wound feels delicate at times. Just wondering if the wound will heal say within 7 to 10 days? Is there anything I need to take note of? Feel heart pain & upset now, just reprimanded by my wife & in law even though I am not deliberate. Also wanted to ask when is a good age to help trim Baby's nails? 1 year old or older? Would trimming it when baby is asleep a better idea?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

U have to trim the nails otherwise baby will scratch his face. Also will bleed. I cut when baby is asleep. Usually during his dream feed. You can also try adertek’s electric nail trimmer. That one only grinds away the nail and will never cut the skin. I use for the fingers, but abit difficult for the toenails so I’ll use nail cutter for toenails.

Read more
4y ago

Also, accidentally cutting baby’s flesh during nail trimming is very common la. Nobody wants it to happen but it does. Almost all my friends kena before.