9 weeks and spotting

I am 9 weeks pregnant and today is my 2nd day spotting. More to brownish with little red. And i spotted in the mornings only. First time pregnant here! Been trying for 5 years so im quite worried. I had lighter spotting too last week and went to O&G, the doctor said they couldnt find the spotting residue and had a scan, all was fine. I have 5 more days before my next appointment. Anyone experience this please share if its normal to spot or not

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m at 8 weeks and I have brown discharge almost everyday. I was so paranoid but everything was ok after going for scan. It can be scary when it’s your first time. Doc gave me duphaston tablets and hopefully it goes away. I think it’s normal (after googling) seems like it’s normal to have brown discharge during 1st trimester as long as you don’t have pain/discharge is dark brown/fresh red blood. Don’t worry too much if your doctor said all is fine. rest more if you can and relax :)

Read more

to be safe, just go to KKH Urgent Care Clinic. I had spotting at 6 weeks that was dark pinkish with a big chunk of clotting. went to KKH Urgent Care, doctor thinks that my pregnancy was unstable so prescribed me some pills to stabilise pregnancy. currently in my third trimester, baby is doing well. so really, you cant be wrong to be extra careful in pregnancy. bleeding/spotting, just go to the doctor and dont wait 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 praying for you and your baby! ❤️

Read more

Mine was brown discharge but they found a blood clot, thankfully it went away. Less walking and standing 🙏🏻 I had duphaston 3x a day and was given progesterone shot also

Best to go urgent o&g again. Ask them to prescribe you progesterone shot and duphaston to stabilise and stregthen the womb and baby