Supplement

Hi, I am just 4 weeks. Can ask now need to eat any supplements for baby? wondering to buy which one better.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Folic acid immediately. I took Blackmore's and CalVit D3 supplement (Calcium+Vitamin D3) for my first trimester. For second trimester hospital gave me fish oil and Obimin multivitamins. I stopped Blackmore's after 1st trimester. But still continuing CalVit D3. Currently week 25. The reason I started Calcium early was because I don't drink milk. So I was worried about not getting enough Calcium

Read more
3y ago

Also the hospital told me to take the fish oil and Obimin only from week 12 (from second trimester) I don't know if there is any specific reasons for it. But I have seen few posts on this app that some mommies had miscarriages and they doubt taking fish oil n multivitamins supplements in their 1st trimester could be the reason. So please don't do self medication. Even those regular supplements, better to check with your gynec if okay to consume.

If you go polyclinic, they will give you Obimin. It has all the baby needs when paired with a healthy diet. Can buy from pharmacy or online. Quite affordable compared to the other supplement brands. All the best! 👍🏻😊

Post reply image
3y ago

Okkk... Thanks 🤗

Hihi... actually just folic acid will do... u can try get it from pharmacy stores.. during ur gynae check up ur gynae will prescribe the supplement u required...

I always purchase my supplements from iHerb. Good price and fast delivery. Currently taking Rainbow Lights, calcium and DHA. Start from 2nd trimester

3y ago

Yaya.. Me too. But i dont know which one should i buy

folic acid is all you need for the first 12 weeks. After 12 weeks, switch to fish oil, calcium + Vit D and obimin. congrats!!!

3y ago

You're welcomed. Congrats!

Congrats! My wife's gynaecologist provided her with folic acid, fish oil and obimin multivitamin during her pregnancies.

3y ago

don't worry too much ya. Enjoy and safe pregnancy.😀

Only folic acid for now. Otherwise advised by your gynae to take other supplements like fish oil, etc.

3y ago

Okkk. Thank you