Nuchal Cord

I am 36 weeks along and since a few weeks back the gynae has noted that the umbilical cord is around the baby's neck on ultrasound. I understand this can be common so I just have to make sure there are fetal movements every day. This has caused a bit of anxiety on my part because I will panic a little if I noticed baby's movements are lesser on a particular day. Gynae has mentioned that i can still go for vaginal birth but if there is any distress, she will have to perform emergency csect. Now I am thinking if I should just opt for elective csect straight. Partly due to my fear of vaginal birth (I am a ftm and it just sounds scary) and partly for the safety of the baby and relieve my daily anxiety. Sometimes I do feel guilty for leaning towards csect. Any moms have experienced this before and can give me some advice?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I can understand your anxiety and if I’m in ur shoe, I will feel the same as you. Maybe you can check with ur gynae what’s the cost difference elective csect and normal + emergency csect ? Don’t feel guilty for opting csect. We all want the best for our child. For me, as Long as my child is born safely, I don’t care whether it’s natural or csect. Of course natural is always my first choice. But if circumstance don’t permit, csect is ok too! Don’t be too hard on urself mummy!

Read more