High blood pressure

I am 24 weeks along. Went for my glucose test today followed by gynae appt. During my gynae appt, my blood pressure was found to be q high at 130/95. Gynae was concerned abt this and my weight gained (2kg in a month) and wanted to monitor me closely: I went home after and took my own bp and it was 108/78. Was wondering if the glucose test could be the cause of high bp?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nope doesnt have to do with glucose however, from my experience. My bp sometimes are slughtly higher when i go for checkup, or at clinic/hospital. Idk for what reason but when i go back check again, its normal. But i believe it might be we were rushing or nervous.

same goes to me. its always high whenever its appointment day but when at home it was normal. i think because we were so nervous and anxious about it. just keep monitor your bp and if its 145 and higher better check it out.

search white coat syndrome, it common and it happens. take a screenshot and let your gynae know about your measurements at home for peace of mind.

10mo ago

Its normal to have high blood pressure during pregnancy. I used to have them during my pregnancy till the doctor gave medication to control my hbp. It disappeared after I gave birth.

Dont tink there is a link. Could b too ganchiong alr?