Severe arm aches after Covid19 vaccine first dose

I am 22 weeks pregnant and took my first dose yesterday. Had very severe arm aches until I had to sleep with an ice pack throughout the whole night, refused to eat Panadol but fortunately a lot better after yesterday. Anybody else had this too?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m 29w3d today. Just had my 2nd dose last night. My arm aches badly. Even the slightest movement annoys me, cause i can feel the throbbing pain. Slept well thru-out the night though. But i find myself not being able to get out of bed in the morning. No fever though. Forced myself to go to GP, GP said it’s the normal side effects and prescribed me with a muscle reliever. But i have yet to eat it. I’ve been in bed ever since. I got no appetite to eat. I vomited whatever i ate, same thing happened during my first dose 🤷🏻‍♀️ hopefully it’ll get better in 1-2 days time! This feeling sucks! But i’m sure it’ll pass! 💪🏻

Read more
3y ago

yes jiayou, mine lasted for a day! was so irritated by it, hopefully the second dose will not be so painful

My gynae says It’s ok to take paracetamol (pure form of panadol without any other chemicals). Won’t affect baby. Just make sure you check the ingredients of the panadol you buy that it only consists of paracetamol. To be sure you can get it from GP.

I had sore arms and my whole body was aching for 24 hours straight. I only felt good on sunday (i took my dose on friday afternoon). Now waiting for 2nd dose at the end of this month. Dreading it.

i don't dare to take any vaccine for covid yet and currently im at 37weeks... will only take after my labour... but i heard 2nd dose are strong and will make your hands sore babe..

I had sore arms after both my doses! Took Pfizer. Couldn’t really lift up my arms, it was like my muscles died 😂 Got better after 2-3 days though. Nothing to worry about!

3y ago

I took my first dose at Week 22, then Week 26. Do check with your gynae first since you have breathing issues!

Same here. I had light head ache too