headache n nosebleed

i am 16 weeks pregnant.. Is it normal to always have a headache and nosebleed?

91 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nosebleed and nasal congestion are common during pregnancy, especially starting week 16. Make sure you drink lots of water, and try to blow your nose gently. Get medical attention immediately if: - The blood flow is extremely heavy. - You have trouble breathing because of the bleeding. - You get a nosebleed following a head injury, even if you only have minor bleeding. -The bleeding causes fatigue, lightheadedness, or disorientation. - You turn pale from the bleeding. - You have chest pain.

Read more
9mo ago

been having blocked nose since first trimester.

Yes, headache and nosebleed are quite common during pregnancy. Nosebleeds usually start at 16 weeks because of hormonal changes. You may also experience nasal congestion. Avoid blowing your nose, bending down and any strenuous activity for at least 12 hours after a nosebleed. If you need to clear your nose, use your thumb to close one nostril, and blow gently out the other side. Repeat with the other nostril until you can breathe again.

Read more

Yes, headaches during pregnancy is common. They usually improve or go away during the last 6 months. Call your doctor if you have: - a severe headache - problems with vision, such as blurring or seeing flashing lights - pain just below your ribs - vomiting - a sudden increase in swelling of your face, hands, feet or ankles Any of these could be signs of pre-eclampsia and will need to be checked.

Read more

i have both thing too during my 16 week. it's mild migrain sometimes and found few dry blood bits from my nostrils which i thought they were boogies. soon they will disappear and turn into sore gum. with all these constantly changing, it's all normal due to hormonal system in the body. just stay hydrated and calm mom

Read more

I had nose bleeds too, but it has always been a regular occurence even before pregnancy. I read that it's common, even gum bleeding, since our blood volume nearly doubles during pregnancy. But just to be safe, as the rest mentioned, do check with your gynae :)

yes its normal, some people have different journeys though. some women I know are fine and still can go work n exercise, but this is my 2nd pregnancy, very fatigued and frequent headaches , listen to your body and just learn some relax methods and sleep

16 weeks and 5 days preggy here, starting ng 2nd trimester laging barado yung ilong ko at ang sakit sa ulo. Malaking bagay po na may humidifier ka sa kwarto at ipress mo lang yung side ng nose mo para lumuwag po yung pakiramdam nyo sa ilong.

VIP Member

I do get these 2 .. headaches prolly coz not drinking enuf water. Nosebleed coz too heaty due to lack of water. These 2 are kind of related. Im in 17 weeks now n both gone jus like that after having more fluids All the best to u..

Read more

Not sure about nosebleed but giddiness and headaches are quite common. I realised I feel giddy when I’m hungry and have headaches when I don’t drink enough water. You might want to monitor and see what’s the issue for you.

Nose bleed is normal due to increase hormones also stuffy nose but it should not be everyday if it happens very often you should consult your ob. Make sure you drinknplenty of fluids and having a nasal spray is a life saver