Is it normal for pregnant mum not to eat so much during her first trimester?

I am 10 weeks pregnant and I don’t eat so much as how other mums would, in fact my appetite lessen compared to when I am not pregnant. Is this normal? Will my appetite grew and my pregnancy develop further?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

dont worry mummy your appetite will hopefully get better in the 2nd trimester onwards. i lost 5kg during my 1st pregnancy, 1st trimester. but as my pregnancy progress my baby tend to be on the heavier side, came out 3.6kg although myself all in all didnt gain much weight also. just continue eating the folic acid and or vitamins that your gynae has given you. so long as baby is growing well dont need to worry. im currently on my 1st trimester and i cant even keep anything down. i eat biscuits, and snack throughout the day.

Read more
3y ago

in 12 weeks now, and excessive vomitting. went to gp they give me inject to help the nausea and MS. and says if goes on need go kkh on drip as worrying baby not getting any nutrients. i currently cant drink water not even in small amts. food intake biscuits but vomit still. nothing stays. not sure when is the right time to go kkh. not sure baby growing well or not. just now vomitting nonstop despite the injection..