My husband refuses to use condoms as a contraceptive saying it kills the spontaneity of the moment. I do not want to take any oral contraceptives as they have side effects. Are there any other options I have?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can use vaginal contraceptive film. It is placed near the cervix and dissolves in a few seconds. But since it has a chemical ,called nonoxynoyl-9, so regular use, may cause irritation the vagina. Then there is Contraceptive foam as well. It is kept in the vagina using an applicator. It kills the sperms and do not let the man's fluids enter the cervical canal. It has no hormones so it is safe to use. One must use it at least 20 minutes before having sex. You can consult your doctor for other contraceptions, as it will be safe if you use them consulting your doctor. Other contraceptives are mentioned in the link below. But it would be safe that you consult your gynaecologist before opting for any. http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/prevention-wellness/sex-birth-control/birth-control/birth-control-options.html

Read more