My husband's friend's 2nd son is celebrating baby shower tomorrow... what should we get for them? Since it is the 2nd child of same gender, which they could use many things from 1st son...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Gift vouchers or a cash gift would be greatly appreciated by the secondtime parents, I'm sure. But if you want something more personalised, here are some suggestions I can quickly think of: 1) Coordinated sibling outfits -- matching clothes, onesies, hats or shoes 2) A personalised set of baby products 3) Instead of the baby, maybe get a gift for the mommy (spa vouchers etc) or one for the older sibling (so he doesn't feel neglected).

Read more
8y ago

Hmmm then the best choices would be the gifts for mommy -- you can get spa vouchers online or head down to sephora to get a gift card. She can pamper herself after her confinement :) if really no time, then cash gift would always be welcomed, for sure. Good luck!

Yes i agree wirh Hui Qin, sometimes its best to give hong bao rather then gifts. This wil help the mum too. In anyway she will know what is lacking especially for essentials. Unless you want to buy her things like pampers, wet wipes etc essentials? I wouldnt mind, not everyone shares the same view as me though.

Read more

I would suggest getting vouchers or an ang bao so that they can get whatever they need. Otherwise, you can consider pampers or other necessities. Check with them what they would like so that the gift would not go to waste. :)

Irrespective of the child ranking, cash is practical, I would give my best wishes in Ang Bao.

I will give voucher or ang bao as they can buy the thing the wan..

Diapers always appreciated if you don't want to give hong bao