5 Replies

I was under him as I live near Oasis too, where his Punggol clinic is, and I just gave birth in May 2024. My bills were never above $300 for each visit leh, even for the first consultation. It could be higher if there are extra blood tests like NIPT and OGTT to be done, but for normal consultations, they are around $250 thereabouts with GST inclusive of ultrasound. You can head to his clinic in Punggol to have a look at the charges - they are placed at the reception counter. Dr Lee is a super patient guy who explains everything in detail if you have questions - sometimes I feel like I'm listening to a lecturer teaching his students instead haha but it's very good for clearing both me and my husband's doubts. This means that sometimes his consultations can be long lah and your appointment may be late if the previous ones overrun but at least the reception will call you beforehand and tell you to come later if they foresee that your appointment won't be on time, but from my experience, so far I have never waited for more than 30 mins from my appointment time. This guy knows what he is doing and is someone who will advise what is the best course of action for you and list down the pros and cons of each procedure, but ultimately, he will let you have the final say and he doesn't impose his views on you, which is what I really appreciate. Just be aware that he only delivers at TMC, MAH and MENH. I delivered at MENH in the end and it was convenient for him as the day I delivered happened to be the day he was at his Mt E Novena clinic. He splits his time between Punggol and Novena. I had episiotomy done and his stitching was great - even the nurses who came by to check on me during my stay in the hospital also remarked that the stitches were well done lol.

I did read this too when I was searching for reviews back then but I guess it's all about individual experiences and whether you're able to vibe with the gynae or not. What you can do is to collate a list of questions you have, and see if you like the way he answers you if you decide to see him for your first scan. Both my husband and I were impressed by his calm demeanor and clear explanations for whatever questions we asked him, and we were happy that he wasn't the type who rushed through our consultation, unlike some of our friends who've had "5-min" gynaes lol. Anyway, most gynaes don't offer signed packages until you hit week 20 of your pregnancy so you can still gynae-hop around in the meantime should you not feel comfortable. Since you stay in Punggol, Waterway Point does have a Thomson Women's Clinic as well with 4 other gynaes. You can check out the reviews for the other 4. 2 of them on the list were recommended by my friends but I still decided on Dr Lee in the end haha si

Hello, Dr James just delivered my first baby last month. I’m so glad and relieved that he’s my gynae. Highly recommend him especially for first time parents. He’s very patient, detailed and calm. He will lecture and explain a topic during every appt and is very willing to answer any questions you have. He don’t rush and hence sometimes you will need to wait for him due to longer appointments. His charges before the package kick in should be less than $300 for consultation and ultrasound. I really enjoy and look forward to every visit with him. I did c sec and my wound recovery is very fast, probably due to his professional stitching!

I read online that some gynaes have an unspoken "preference" for c-sec even when it's actually not necessary

he delivered my daughter last year and he was very professional. Able to explain stuff to make me understand easily and put me at ease esp as a FTM when you have a lot of qns. :)

💖💖🙏🏼🙏🏼

I think he's okay, not much different from other gynaes!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles