How will I know if my baby will be a left or right handed at early age?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Usually by age 2 to 3, you will be able to tell whether your baby is right or left handed although he may start showing signs of favouring one hand over the other much earlier or later. Hand preference is mainly based on your baby's unique nervous system and genetics. If grandparents or parents are left handed, the chances of baby being left handed is higher. There is no way for you to influence your baby's handedness and you shouldn't try to change it. For more information, it can be found here: http://www.secretsofbabybehavior.com/2013/07/right-handed-or-left-handed-how-early.html

Read more

To get a sense of whether your child will be right- or left-handed, watch which hand he uses for common tasks, such as picking up a toy or feeding himself. You can also look at what direction your child stirs a pot during pretend play; if he stirs counterclockwise, it’s more likely that he’s left-handed. Another clue to whether your child will be right- or left-handed is which hand he uses to hold a crayon. And, when you roll a ball to your toddler, he’ll usually reach for the ball with his dominant hand.

Read more

I had a hint that my baby is left handed when he was over 1 year old. He would hold things, brush his teeth, and use spoon using his left hand. Even we introduced coloring materials to him, he also did his first strokes with his left hand. So it was already quite evident na mas dominant ang left hand nya.

Read more

Your baby will always use one hand more over the other, either the left or the right. This should be a hint if your baby is going to be left or right handed. Having said that, the signs should be considered between 1-2yrs of age.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3070)

thanks