how to verify and know that the organic food is real and authentic ? so many food scams and food recalls lately . thanks.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I buy organic food mainly from supermarkets organic sections. Can't go wrong since they are being sold in reputable big names ie NTUC, cold storage, Giant, Shengsiong and even Mustafa. I did purchase organic foodstuffs from iherbs and heard reviews that the foods are safe however when there is a food recall, we may not be aware. Buying from physical stores also means that I can fall back on the seller should I encountered anything wrong with the product. I noticed that Zenxin appears to be the common organic brand for vegetables and fruits in Cold storage, Ntuc, Giant and Jasons. Zenxin also does delivery. I've never order my fresh produce online as I prefer to buy after my visual assessment of the product. http://www.organicdelivery.sg Otherwise you can grow your own crops. There's organic fertilisers available in Katong Flowers, Far East Florist and those mega supermarket. I grow my own mulberry plant for the fruit. At the same time let LO learn some responsibility of watering and caring for the plant. I've gown ginger, tomatoes, and even lemongrass grown from pots.

Read more
8y ago

I am also starting to grow my own tomatoes, spring onion, basil and lemongrass.

I try to get from bigger brands and search for those with good reviews..they probably don't want to put their reputation at stake...